CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Chalkboard Table

I am always on the lookout for items that I can transform or re- purpose into something different or something better. Sometimes it just so happens that those items are located in my very own home. A couple years ago, we bought a small black kid's size table at a garage sale. This table has been used in a variety of ways, but recently it needed to find a new home and a new purpose. 


After a little bit of thought, I decided that I would turn the table into a chalkboard table for the kids to draw and practice their writing. I knew I had a can of spray chalkboard paint and so I spray painted the entire table in chalkboard paint and now the kids can draw and write all they want on it. I've placed the table in my kitchen, underneath our magnetic board (that I also spraypainted), and the kids are definitely enjoying it!! In my mind it was a great use of a $5.00 table, a $4.00 can of spray-paint, and some chalk! 


The before pic of the table

                                                   The after pic of the table- chalk and all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest